Caves (Roguelike) - Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Caves (Roguelike) - Forum » Development » Game features & enchantments

Game features & enchantments

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Topic to post any potential changes/new features/enchantments.

1.Please add link to this forum in About section so people will know about it.

2.Any chance for mini mini map ?

Last edited by Inth (2017-03-21 13:14:57)

1) A link to the forum has been added in the latest update
2) If you are talking about a constantly visible mini-map, then i can't give you a clear answer right now

+1

good job :)

- change the green acid caves to lava caves, visiting acid caves ever 2nd level gets repetetive very quickly. Its just a color change but will be refreshing.
- suggest to add: Frozen caves with frozen blocks of ice
- suggest to add abandoned mine with broken pieces of rails on the floor and dirt and more gold for example to dig ( after lvl 4 for example)
- boss arena with some big monster every few levels (or optional stairs to have an additional challenge)

Lol I misinterpreted the title of this thread; ended up making my own suggestions thread. I'll drag those posts right on over.

Edit: I also made a balanacing thread, which is different from the suggestions one. Through gameplay, if something seems especially weak or strong, feel free to post about it.

Last edited by Shahh (2017-04-04 14:07:35)

Here's something I've been dying for!

I really like this game, and if it were playable with a  vertical option, I could play it so much more. I'm meh with the horizantal as it is, but if it were vertical(portrait) it would be very convenient.

-Ever considered implementing playing portrait as an option?

Shahh wrote:

Lol I misinterpreted the title of this thread; ended up making my own suggestions thread. I'll drag those posts right on over.

Edit: I also made a balanacing thread, which is different from the suggestions one. Through gameplay, if something seems especially weak or strong, feel free to post about it.

Last edited by Shahh (Yesterday 13:07:35)

great idea with balancing thread :)

+1 Vote for lava caves
+1 Vote for abandoned mine with more gold

My ideas:
>- Harpoon ranged weapon - medium damage, 5 turn reload. pulls any enemy onscreen directly to you and also stuns them for 1 turn.
>- Freeze Scroll - target is frozen in ice for 5 turns and cannot move or take melee or ranged damage. can take damage from bomb/barrel/magic explosions but this also breaks the ice and they can move again
>- Turret beacon - drops a small turret , it damages enemies when it falls in a grid around itself. it fires a machinegun at enemies until its destroyed.
>- A level that is full of sand and the weak rocks that crumble multiple at a time revealing many skeletons. the level has several skeleton summoners. the dungeon would be a pyramid and inside of it mummy enemies and sarcophagus you can search for items/gems. 1 boss that would be a mummy pharaoh.

+1

Is there a way to transfer save files between devices? I wish there was a cloud save but if I can easily transfer the save that would be fine too. I just can't seem to figure out how.

You need to copy the "caves_backup" folder from your sd-card or internal data, to a similar place on your new device before installing the game. Backups are created upon exiting from a saved game by using the pause menu. Recovering files starts when you first launch the game or after cleaning data.

repost from deleted/relocated topic:

I prefer the wide veiw on the zoom toggle. However, every time I enter an ancient ruins or restart game the zoom  changes back to the small veiw. Could this setting please stay as selected until manually changed? Thanks, keep up the good work.

Shahh wrote:

Here's something I've been dying for!

I really like this game, and if it were playable with a  vertical option, I could play it so much more. I'm meh with the horizantal as it is, but if it were vertical(portrait) it would be very convenient.

-Ever considered implementing playing portrait as an option?

I actually played for a couple of days with screen fixed to vertical until I discovered that it was meant to be turned horizontal. I have a screen rotation app on my phone which forces rotation as I decide. Give it a try.

Hahaha very interesting ideas after reading them after all this time. Looking forward for that. Random idea that I got for the future is changing  the "forum button" to be more obviously at the start opening screen under the "about button" for more forum activity. Most of the people maybe dont even know that there is a forum. Looking forward mate!

You are here » Caves (Roguelike) - Forum » Development » Game features & enchantments