Caves (Roguelike) - Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Caves (Roguelike) - Forum » Development » Armor Balancin Issue's

Armor Balancin Issue's

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

First of all i want to make clear that this feedback is based on my opinion and my experience so far.
I've got every Armor in the game, exept the second last Armor ( the one after "Ghost", which i think is unobtainable, because I went till level 16 one time and after level 3, there are only coins and antidote in the chest's, where as there should be a blueprint and antidote).

ARMOR
-And I clearly have to say the Armor "Rapid" is by far the most broke/op of all the ones. It's also my favorite one and i unfortunatly really have to admit, that it should be nerfed.
- The First Armor "Prospector" is balanced, and it was agood choice from the developer  that it was the first one to obtain, because it's a overall allrounder.
- The Armor "Scout" and "Hunter" are the only suitable and viable Armors for Ranged Fighters. At the current meta of the game you simply cant play MAINLY with longranged weapons. I will get into details later about the ranged gameplay. But my main message here is, when there are "only" two Armors for longranged gameplay, then please make them significantly better, because the gained attributes simply aren't  good enough to mess with other Armors, such as the "Sentinel", which becomes very viable in lategame (if i can say that)  ;).
- "Storm Trooper". First of all I like the reference here. Kinda lika easteregg (pls more from that). This Armor is straight forward and simple and i think for beginners it's perfect, so just let it (balanced)
- I havent played that much with "Berserker", but i think his damageoutput in low-health combination should get stronger (just a little maybe 12,5% + to the current multiplier on low health) , because the risk of dying in mid to lategame with one hit from a boss plopin' around the corner is to big, what means that the risk is outweighin' the advantage, in my opinion (Dear Dev, could you publice the stats of the Armors( Storm Trooper, Goliath, Paladin 10, warp and berserker)
- "Survivor". I like the idea of a Armor with better SummoningAbilities, but i think additionaly (to the current stats) the Armor should also recieve a 35%+ Damage done by summoned minions
- "Paladin" & "Paladin 2.0" I dont understant their effect, because I never saw @#$#ing Black Crystals in that game!? (Surely the awnser is simpler than i think)
- "Haze" Prob's to the Dev for this one, because it's a perfect balanced, fast paced, untouchable, and energy-sustainable Armor for mid to lategame.
- "Warp" I havent played with this Armor, since i'm not a great fan of 'Teleport strike', because the 'Violet Strike Surfaces' appear to rare. But 'Teleport Strike +3' seems to op, like the "Rapid" with his runnin' skills.
- " Prototype 10" the idea is great and the Armor would be great and balanced, but the claws in generall just dosn't compete against swords and hammers. But later on more to the claws.
- "Goliath" is the tank-class in this game and is good (maybe improve the defense effect by a little)
- "Ghost" has a interesting game mechanic, which i havent played a lot to judge
- "Sentinel" is one of the best Armors in lategame and at the same time balanced. It's necessary to have a Armor with resurectingabilities.

I hope the Dev is reading that. You have made a great game with great potential. Keep up and you will see what happens with this game as well as this communitiy :/ i've written one and a half hour and im still not finished. (UPCOMIN: Gameplay, Weapons, Items, Enemies and maybe suggestions)
I hope the lava level update is comin soon. Long awaitin.

Greetings from swizzerland to everyone who reads that and potentialy wants to be part of this hopefully in the future flourishin' COMMUNITY
BTW Im 18 and from Zürich and play this game since 3 weeks

Last edited by Rufes14a (2017-10-05 15:20:36)

the one after "Ghost", which i think is unobtainable, because I went till level 16 one time and after level 3, there are only coins and antidote in the chest's, where as there should be a blueprint and antidote

You need to unlock the Shadow Copy upgrade first

Black crystals drop from skeletons then you use the vampirism effect

The armors will definitely be rebalanced in the future

"Warp" I havent played with this Armor, since i'm not a great fan of 'Teleport strike', because the 'Violet Strike Surfaces' appear to rare.

Violet surfaces is not needed for strikes.
Watch this video:

First thx for the reply 👍

You need to unlock the Shadow Copy upgrade first
Black crystals drop from skeletons then you use the vampirism effect
The armors will definitely be rebalanced in the future

Second what's with the armor stats?
You think you can pulice them?
(Or send them privatly to me?)

(Dear Dev, could you publice the stats of the Armors( Storm Trooper, Goliath, Paladin 10, warp and berserker)

Last edited by Rufes14a (2017-10-09 05:15:47)

Second what's with the armor stats?
You think you can pulice them?
(Or send them privatly to me?)

You can see them in the game

36dev wrote:

You can see them in the game

For Example: The "Prototype 10" armor.

Ingame-Description; Improved attack with claws
                                    Killing an enemy in melee restores a bit of health

But how much more Damage?
                                    And how much will it regenerate?

( Storm Trooper, Goliath, Paladin 10, Warp and Berserker)

Last edited by Rufes14a (2017-10-10 01:22:34)

But how much more Damage?
           And how much will it regenerate?

Some features has non constant values, but I'll try to improve description in future

I like in with direction you went with the information about the stats of the diffrent armors, but still some armors arent discribed sufficient for newcomers. But as I said Great job with that. Also the regular addition of new armors is very exiting and keeps it very fresh for old players like i would consider myself. But after this time I spent in this game I am still concerned about the armor balancing. I mean some armors are very bad compared to others. And to be clear I am not saying you should nerf the good armors, I would consider quite the opposite. In my opinion buffing bad armors until they reach the level of warp or rapid is the best solution. But again just my opinion. Overall I keep enjoing this game more and more with all the updates coming out. Keep it up!

You are here » Caves (Roguelike) - Forum » Development » Armor Balancin Issue's